Our visions, ambitions and goals for the future
We acknowledge that some of the following points are not measurable nor achievable in any way. They are helping guide our day to day decision making when it comes to how we choose to do business. It is important for us to know where we are heading in order for us to reach our destination.
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
To reconnect ourselves to nature and to empower our community to become resilient and sustainable using herbal medicine as our specialty.
- To operate with integrity and honesty in all of our practices.
- To honour and respect the earth from where all our needs can be met.
- To value our elders, our youth and our mistakes.
- To steward land, resources and knowledge, for all those who came before us and all those still to come.
- To celebrate biodiversity of our natural and intellectual ecosystems.
- To acknowledge the colonial history of our countries and the impact that has had.
- To start small, smart and plan for success.
- To be locally owned, financed, operated and sourced
- To educate and empower others to the methods of herbal medicine
- To create models that are perennial in abundance to all those who are involved
- To nourish networks amongst herbalists and herbal institutions in Montreal
- To operate collectively and practice alternative forms of decision making
- To build trust with all stakeholders in our business
- To pay all those employed a fair living wage
- To value those who volunteer their time and resources
- To grow until we run an educational farm and an educational community cafe
- To adhere to organic and permaculture standards of practice
- To become accessible to all parts of our community, not just to those who can afford it
- To remain rooted in nature with regards to food, tea, cosmetics and medicine production.
- To achieve carbon negative growing and manufacturing processes
- To close all loops and make waste reduction a priority
- To strive towards an open-sourced operation