How to make the perfect cup of tea
Follow these simple steps and you'll be able to enjoy your cup of herbal tea to its best potential.
- Always keep your cup or tea pot closed with a lid. This keeps the volatile oils in your herbs from evaporating away.
- Always use boiling water.
- Wait at least 15-20 minutes before trying to drink your tea.
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of dried herb per litre of boiling water. Adding more will make the flavour and taste stronger.
- You can leave your herbs brewing over night if you wish to make a iced tea for the next day.
How to make nourishing herbal infusions
These steps are for making nourishing herbal infusions, as taught by Susun Weed from the Wise Woman tradition. These infusions add minerals, vitamins and nutrition to your daily routine.
- Weigh out 30 grams (or 1 oz) of dried herb, add it to a large glass jar.
- Pour on top 1 litre of boiling water and seal the jar.
- Wait at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Refrigerate your infusion and drink it over the next 24-36 hours.
- Squeeze out your herbs to get all of the liquid from them.
- Be sure to return your herbs to the earth via the compost heap.
See what herbs to use and more on the benefits of nourishing herbal infusions here: